Friday, December 29, 2017

My favourites: Kylie Minogue - I Should Be So Lucky (1987)

It's time for another one of my favourite tracks and this one just turned thirty years old: "I Should Be So Lucky" by Australian pop goddess Kylie Minogue. This and "The Loco-Motion" were the first of her songs I ever heard since they were played quite often on Swedish radio when I was a kid. However, I didn't really become a fan until the early two-thousands, after falling in love with eighties pop music.

Around the same time as I started listen to Kylie's eighties music, she made a huge comeback with the 2000 disco single "Spinning Around". I remember buying the CD maxi-single when I was in Dublin on holiday with my family. I fell in love with her newer material as well and since then, Kylie has been one of my all-time favourite artists.

But you know me, I'm a sucker for the eighties sound, especially by the brilliant production team Stock Aitken Waterman, so "I Should Be So Lucky" will always be my number one Kylie track. It always cheers me up when I'm feeling blue. The 12" remixes are amazing as well, especially "I Should Be So Lucky (The Bicentennial Remix)" where you really get to hear all the eighties sounds.

I also love the kitschy video with the retro special effects and the eighties hair and fashion. Check it out down below. "I Should Be So Lucky" was included on Kylie's 1988 debut album "Kylie", available on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon UK and Amazon US. I also recommend the remastered and expanded deluxe reissue of the album.

Keep an eye on my blog label "favourites" to see, hear and read about more of my favourite tracks. You can also subscribe to my favourites playlist on YouTube.